Monday, October 14, 2013

Guest Designer of the Month......Kathy Racoosin




Lets get to know, Kathy Racoosin!!!!


Tell us a little about yourself:  
Since I was young I was searching for the perfect creative outlet. My friend was on a trip and she learned how to emboss. When she shared with me the magic of embossing I was hooked immediately! I finally found what I had been looking for all those years. Rubber stamping and coloring the images with markers.


How long have you been a card maker/scrapper & when did you start?
I believe I started in 2008 and blogging in 2009.


Do you follow sketches or dive right in?
I think I would benefit from sketches but, I dive right in


How many projects do you make a week?
About 2 or 3 but, varies


What is your favourite tool (what can't you create without) & why?
A black marker to trace over my images and a white gel pen


What at the moment is your most favorite thing to do on your project?
I’m really into stencils now i feel like they are the new background stamp. easy to store and you can do more with them.


How would you describe your style?
Colorful and often dottie :)


What about your style would you change (or not) & why?
I wish I could create more simple designs but, I get too carried away and don't know when to stop.


Have you been published or on a Design team - when & where?
I have designed for the teams of Simon Says Stamp, Penny Black, Basic Grey, Two Peas in a Bucket & SRM Stickers, to name a few and I have guest designed for the Online Card Classes, as well as Purple Onion Designs.


Describe your crafting area
I have a mix of antiques and white contemporary furniture with lots of light. I will try to send photos :)


Do you have a blog? If not where can we see more of your fabulous creations?
yes  I have two blogs
My FOOD blog: http://kathydishes.com/

Now that you have finished reading about Kathy...Have a look at her fantastic work below. and please visit her blog and leave her some comments here as well, she would love to have you.





Thank’s Kathy it was great getting to know you! Your cards are indeed very colorful and that is what I love about your style, all your cards and projects are so vibrant!


If you want to see more of Kathy come back Wednesday and Friday, I can’t wait to show you!

Hannah and the Die Cut Diva's

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

great to get to know Kathy a bit better. I just LOVE her work.

Cindy C. said...

Great interview! I really enjoy your project Kathy!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love Kathy and her work!

Arlene said...

Love Kathy's work. Love these examples. Her shading is fantastic, isn't it.

Chark said...

Fun to read Kathy's interview. Love her coloring and inking!!