Sunday, April 10, 2016

Embossed wax paper background a la Gina....



Hi all.... just popping in to share some cards I made after watching Gina at StampTV 

I couldn't wait to do this technique as it has been a few years since I tried it out... so here's my results of embossed wax background.

  I CASE'd Gina's card for this first one.  I used Mermaid Lagoon distress ink to sponge the background.  Not sure who makes my folder as it has no name on it... But it was a great one to use, being very detailed.  I then used the flowers and leaves from Warm Spring Wishes and coloured with Distress inks and daubers before fussy cutting.  The sentiment is from Frame and Flowers 2. I used a La La land die cut for the corners.  And my flourish was one that came with a magazine so has no name on it.  My mat and the corners and flourish are all dark blue card.

And the other half of the ironed off wax paper


This one was sponged with Dried Marigold distress ink.  The flowers are from Frame and Flowers 2 and were stamped with Hero Arts Apricot ink - first layer stamped off and then the second layer being full strength.  The leaves are die cut with a MFT dienamics leaf die.  I added some Spectrum Noir glitter pen on the roses.

If you haven't checked out Gina K design's Stamp TV, I can totally recommend it..

Dawn & the Divas

6 comments:

Gail said...

So beautiful - TFS
Gail
WAW Design Team
MFPSS Design Team

Michelle N. said...

Wow, so gorgeous!

creationsnz said...

Both super cards Dawn, such a great technique.

Arlene said...

I'm so glad you shared these fantastic creations. What beauties and no one will ever be the same as the next. WOW

Greta said...

These are wonderful, Dawn! I loved the last video you recommended & now I need to check this one! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy C. said...

Awesome!! The results are fabulous!!